To Support Head of Finance Germany (DMC Including MICE) as a deputy, lead the local finance team (FTE 6) ensuring timely and accurate processing of financial accounting and reporting, full compliance with German GAAP, IFRS and legal requirements, statutory accounts and all tax matters while ensuring compliance with Kuoni Tumlare Group requirements
An experienced Deputy head of Finance to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as implementation of internal control policies and procedures agreed with Head of Finance. Execution of financial risk policies.
Reports to Head of Finance Germany
Closely work with:
- Business partners in Germany (Berlin & Frankfurt)
- Local finance teams in Berlin & Frankfurt
- The wider global finance function (Tax, Business controlling, Treasury, Group Accounting and Legal).
- Sourcing engine team in Zurich
- Internal and External Auditors and External Vendors and Clients.
- Lead for the preparation of accurate and timely monthly financial reporting and forecast for the entities in Frankfurt and Berlin (B/S, P&L and Cashflow), under instructions from the Head of Finance.
- Review monthly Income Statement, including margin reviews, checking for deviations and systems issues. Prepare P&L commentary & Balance sheet movement review.
- Responsible for the analysis of operational expenses for the legal entity. Review accruals and prepayments including all OPEX, cost center allocations between functions for DMC Including MICE.
- Review intercompany balances across relevant entities and reporting systems and actively liaise with the relevant counterparties to solve any mismatches.
- Responsible for bank statement reconciliations, as well as the related B/S reconciliations. Ensure that unreconciled items are resolved timely.
- Conduct daily checks of bank statements across different bank accounts of the entity and liaise with Group Treasury when required. Lead in country treasury & hedging process, analyse revaluations and gains & losses.
- Conduct reviews of the Fixed Asset register, depreciation, impairment and amortization. Review and validate WIP account, Intangibles, IT costs and recharges.
- Prepare information for year-end group and statutory auditors for entities in Frankfurt and Berlin. Liaise with auditors and review statutory financial statements. Liaise with external legal and tax consultants as required.
- Roll out functional setup and communication lines with the business and designing a robust control framework that supports excellence in financial performance.
- Monitor account receivable ageing and ensure collectability from customers on a timely basis.
- Liaising with external tax consultants on Corporate tax, VAT regarding tax planning, tax filing as required.
- Ensure information in accounting systems and in HFM is complete and accurate. Maintain Data integrity across all reporting systems.
- Meet the deadlines. Work closely with Group Accounting, Business Controlling, and the rest of the Global Finance team to ensure all deadlines are met and all requirements fulfilled.
- Other Adhoc projects & tasks as designated.
We Challenge you to
- Adapt to changing priorities in a complex post-merger, changing organisation.
- Ensure accuracy and high quality information, while working with tight deadlines.
- Ensure effective controls are in place and ability to prioritize.
- Remain ahead of changes in financial regulations, Corporate tax, VAT requirements.
Essential knowledge and experience:
- Master’s degree in business administration, finance or economics with previous management reporting experience.
- 5+ years working experience in management reporting, financial accounting or business control.
- Prior financial project/change management experience prefererably in a fast moving multi-cultural, global environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, MS Office.
- Demonstrate strong technical accounting skills and have a good understanding of basic accounting principles, including IFRS.
- Hyperion HFM, MS AX or similar financial ledger and reporting systems.
- Demonstrate strong technical accounting skills and have a good understanding of German GAAP and IFRS
- Experience with multiple currencies/fx
- Hyperion HFM, MS AX or similar financial ledger and reporting systems
- Fluent in English and German.
Our New Colleague should have
- Structured and organized skills, with keen sense of prioritization.
- Flexible approach, ability to implement and is driver of change.
- Strong communication and influencing skills at all levels of the organisation within clearly defined levels of authority.
- Ability to work on own initiative, handle pressure and take day-to-day decisions.
- Problem-solver with can do positive attitude and develops effective solutions in a timely fashion.
- Excellent collaboration skills across cultures and levels of seniority.
- Work as part of a wider team player, willing to help others out at short notice.
- Managing Performance – Align individual objectives with organisational goals and business
strategy and take actions to achieve them.
- Strategic Decision Making – Identify opportunities Draw on experience or knowledge to interpret current issues, produce new solutions or services, as well as help make calculated decisions.
- Analyzing & Conceptualizing – Arrive at logical conclusions and decisions by identifying all the relevant information. Includes ability to see the big picture without missing details or linkages.
- Customer Focus – Focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting both internal and external customers’ needs, building long-term trusting relationships, and partnering to mutual benefit.
- Quality & Commitment – Continually demonstrate a commitment for ensuring that services are delivered to high standards of quality and accuracy, which are appropriate and fit for purpose, to meet the demands of internal and external customers.
- Embracing Change – Accepting dynamic and changing situations as a challenge and navigating them by being flexible, adapting to ambiguous circumstances.
- Communicating – Communicating and presenting in a clear, precise and structured way – listening and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Display willingness to nurture & assist colleagues.
- Delivering Results – Consistently delivering on commitments, striving to make improvements. Follow a structured approach to deliver quality results on time.
- Meet deadlines.